Tuesday, September 6, 2016

1st Day of School!


So true! It was a wonderful first day! All 18 students delighted me with their  personalities and enthusiasm for school.  On this first day, I like to sit back and watch.  So many behaviors need correcting, so many things need taught, so many misunderstandings redirected. But not today. No. Today is to feel safe. To feel as though they are accepted exactly how they arrive.  And indeed, they are.  Learning will take place - but this divine individuals have already begun to take shape far before I had the opportunity to meet them. So I will sit back. Enjoy. Learn from them. And slowly, in time, we will fine tune our classroom procedures, learning expectations, and community behaviors.  Tomorrow, I look forward to setting a structure that they can predict and follow each day.  

We will learn about the lessons that geese have to offer us.  I always look forward to that!  
Don't forget to ask your child! 

No comments:

Post a Comment