Wednesday, September 7, 2016

2nd Day of School

What we fear most is that we will be denied the opportunity to fulfill our true potential.

- Dan Pallotta -


The good news is...if we keep on this trajectory and every day continues to get better and better - we will be soaring soon! Despite stomach flu hitting our class (wash hands, get sleep, eat well, wash hands, get sleep, eat well, wash hands, get sleep, eat well) we had a wonderful day.  We are beginning to create a structure with expectations, schedule, common language, and conversations.  Some of us are excited, some still a bit nervous, some anxious to go faster, some anxious about going too fast.  That is to be expected at the beginning of the year!  Also to be expected is how EXHAUSTED we are by afternoon.  I assume many of the students are melting down when they get home.  I am! 

The above quote feels apropos for the day.  As I get to know your child I will continue to shape and mold the way I present the curriculum.  Tomorrow, we will begin our first day of our math module and I will be sharing information about that soon.  

In the next few days, expect my first group emails! Between the blog, the occasional update of the website and the email newsletter - I hope you feel updated and informed.  However, always feel free to call and ask me anything you need! 


1 comment: